Wednesday 2 December 2015

Planning: Self Assessment

Looking through my blog at the Planning and Researching posts, I feel like I have shown a lot of detail within each individual post. Each post explains what I have researched and planned thoroughly with a variety of different media terms. I have looked into other opening to horror films like Dead Wood, Dead Mary and Wrong Turn to gather and collect more information and knowledge on openings to horror films. Looking at these openings has also widened my knowledge on codes and conventions. This will help me to implement lots of codes and conventions into our own opening.


I have shown clearly that I know and understand how to do things like shot-lists, layouts, drafting and storyboarding. I feel like I need more experience in scripting however as we only wrote a small amount of dialogue for our actors to speak. When it comes to organisation to do with actors, locations, costumes and props, I feel I need more practice as the only bit of filming we did in our preliminary task did not involve any costumes, props or much effort when it came to location and actors.


My time management is very good in my opinion as I always meet my deadlines and follow any type of schedule we have. for example, our filming schedule was followed very well as we gave ourselves 2 hours to get the filming done and got it done with ease and time to spare.


When it comes to skill using digital technology and ICT in presentations, I feel I am good with different technology like computers and cameras. I have shown this when it came to editing my preliminary task and filming the actual task itself.


Communication skills are good as I was able to help pitch our groups idea for our horror film opening. Also communication within our group is good as we all get involved when it comes to putting ideas forward and helping out.


My care and presentation within my blog is good as it is all tidy and organised. For example, all pictures are of a good size; not being too big or small. Also, titles are all clearly shown throughout the blog to help with my organisation. Each post looks good as well as it is neat and has no spelling errors and grammar issues.


At the moment I would give myself around 15/16 marks as I still have things that I can improve on but I have quite a good understanding and knowledge of how things work in media.

No comments:

Post a Comment